Thursday, April 5, 2007

My parents just were out here visiting. It was their 3d trip since I'd left MN. I also head to MN about 2 times a year to see them and visit relatives. My parents love the area because the love walking to the metro and cruising around the city. They also adore Nam. I

We trekked all over the place. The best day was last Saturday when we went down to the Tidal Basin in DC to walk around and see the cherry blossom trees. Even though we had to fight through throngs of people, it was a beautiful day and the trees were spectacular. We also spent some time on the Mall watching all the people that came down to fly kites that day. By the time we got home we all just wanted to put our feet u and take a nap.

We did a lot, but true to our roots, eating was a central activity. We tried all kinds of food, from the delicious Vietnamese beef stew Nam made, and Doan's hot pot, to kababs, to sushi. My parents were really good sports about trying new things, and I think they enjoyed them all (well, maybe not the sushi!).

No comments: