Thursday, August 2, 2007

I didn't clean my house

Yesterday I was supposed to go home from work and clean my house so it wouldn't be a disaster when Kim and Bryan arrive tonight. Things didn't go as planned. Nam called me at work to let me know that his boss offered us the company's tickets to the Nationals game last night if we wanted them. Far be it from me to turn down free tickets, especially those in the season ticket holders section (much closer then we usually pay to sit), so I left work a little early to get home in time to leave for the game.

First we changed into our fan gear, then walked over to the metro. It was 95 degrees out. YUCK. Since it was rush hour, the trains were running frequently and we hopped on right away. We had to make a pit stop in Ballston Commons to grab the tickets from Nam's other office. While we were there we took the time to thank his boss for the tickets. We try to thank him every time, hoping he'll see how much we appreciate it and keep giving us tickets. It's worked so far!

We hopped the metro again and rode the rest of the way to RFK. Inside the stadium it was so hot. There was no breeze at all. The game was great though, the Nats got off to a quick start, scoring 7 runs in the first 2 innings. We ate our fill as usual, italian sausage with peppers and chicken strips, and moaned about how full we were. Because the score was well in our favor, we left at the 7th inning stretch. For weeknight games that usually gets us to the metro station ahead of the crowds and home by 10pm.

All in all it was a fun night, but now I really must get home early today and clean my house!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. I like reading about what you guys are up to and it sounds like you stay busy. Wow! We have been glued to the TV watching updates on the collapse of the 35W bridge over the Mississippi River. All family and friends are accounted for. We enjoyed your visit to Lake Shamineau in July and then again in Zimmerman. I am gathering up stuff to put in Chad and Missy's garage sale this weekend. Also, Dianna and I are going to make cushions for a bench she has in their guest bedroom. Have a fun time with Bryan and Kim.

Robyn said...

Yes, the bridge collapsing was scary to hear about. Mandy texted me during the game and let me know. That section is really close to her house. The pictures and stories are heartbreaking.