Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We had a great Labor Day weekend and hope everyone else did too. Saturday and Sunday's weather couldn't be beat, even though it did rain Sunday night. Monday was a bit humid in the morning and cloudy most of the day but overall not too bad. Saturday was mostly a lounging day and I spent some time preparing for classes to start this week, and on some yard work. I also met Clara early in the morning for coffee before she departed the country yet again! Later in the afternoon we had coffee with some friends and ran a few errands, including refilling the propane tank so we could get back to grilling! (And yes, that's 2 coffee trips in one day. There is nothing wrong with that.) Sunday was a blast - We were invited to the B'more Aquarium with some friends and their 5 month old son. Nam and I had a great time watching the sharks, the 3 flippered sea turtle, all the rays, and the infant. After a delicious lunch/dinner at Cheesecake Factory we wandered around the Inner Harbor a bit longer then headed toward home. After a brief stop at Costco we had movie night and enjoyed watching Speed Racer. Monday Nam helped me work on the dresser I've been trying to refinish. It needs a lot of sanding so Nam got right to work.

I start classes again this week, and will be off on Thursdays and Fridays again. Someone called today and tomorrow my "work weekend." Lucky me! I'm looking forward to one of my classes and not dreading the other so I suppose that's a good thing. If only my books would arrive I'd be all set.

Hope you all had a great weekend too!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

So what are you taking this semester?

Robyn said...

I'm taking Computer Forensics and System/Software Standards and Requirements. I'm more excited about the forensics class then the other one.